Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Good Friends

I can't believe how bad I have been lately about blogging daily. I told myself that I would blog everyday that I worked out. As you might have noticed I have only been at Gold's gym 3 times in the last 10 days. I was first out of town, but since I have been back I have only gone two times. I really don't have a good reason for not going except I have been lazy about it. It is way to easy to talk myself out of going to gym; like I think I can go for a walk outside or do the Total Gym while watching Amazing Race. However, once I am at the gym I LOVE it! It feels Awesome to sweat, to work out so hard that my legs feel like jello, and to know that I am trying to get my body back!
Here's a funny thing about Gold's Gym. Everybody who works out there has a plan of exercise they are following, and many times they don't changed it up. I only know this because for the past few weeks I have asked random people to show me how to use certain equipment, and I am always told.."I only know how to use this one, and they tell me that they don't like to ask for assistance either with the machines. So I think that the Gold's employee could walk around asking people who are milling around the machines if they know how to use them, and then show us how to use them!
I needed help with some machines last night, and I went up to the counter to ask for help, but instead I ran into a friend at the counter. I got the courage to ask my buddy to show me the right way to use the machines. I want to give a BIG THANKS to Kurt Blanchard for taking the time yesterday to teach me some new workout moves:) Kurt you are a superstar!! You were patient,kind, funny, and made me feel comfortable during the workout! Plus, you were so encouraging to me :) It was an awesome workout all the way around, and I was lucky to hear about your fantastic Valentine's Day! I can't wait for the day, that I will have the honor of being a dinner guest at your house. LOL
I worked out yesterday for two hours. I was able to do 10 different machines, walked 5 miles on the elliptical, and had a great time visiting with friends :) My goal for this week is to go to the gym 6 times, and try to find someone to workout with me each time. Anybody want to meet me at the gym?

0 comments:

Post a Comment